.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Continental Breakfast Does Not Include Sausages of Any Kind

Would have posted sooner, but my coffee didn’t show up until ten o’clock. Was going to tell you a true story of darkest calumny on the morris dancing circuit, but never mind all that. The good news is I just kicked a fine 5”x 8” hole in the wall; the bad news is I can now see and hear the pasty chortlers and haw-haw men on the other side, so I’d better check out of this hotel toot sweet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ivan the Terrible said...

On the road again Esther? Ah, you subtle sybarite you, always flitting hither and yon, extracting the finer things in life from your ever-changing surroundings like the nectar from an exotic flower. Which would make you some kind of enormous bee, I suppose.

On my first business trip to Amsterdam I stayed at the Hotel Kok, situated in the middle of what turned out to be that sickening Sodom's gay district. I soon learnt that sausages were very much on the menu at any time of day, and indeed that one had to go to great lengths to avoid a serving with breakfast, whether you ordered them or not.

On the plus side, all the bathrooms came supplied with ready-made holes in the wall, which I considered quite thoughtful. Personally I refuse to dirty my Louis Vuitton pumps with kicking holes in walls. It's too much like manual labour for my tastes.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home